Terms and Policies
As published by Straight Shot Wireless and enforced on January 1st, 2015
The Client is solely responsible for the use of the Services by any of its employees, officers, directors, agents and any other end-user of the Services (collectively, the “Users”). The Client agrees to comply, and to ensure that the Users comply with the following policy and procedures associated with the use of the Services (the Client and/or Users are sometimes hereinafter referred to as “you”).
While using the Service, you may not:
- Post, transmit or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the Services in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Services or the Internet;
- Post or transmit messages constituting “SPAM”, which includes but is not limited to unsolicited e-mail messages, inappropriate postings to newsgroups, false commercial messages, mail bombing or any other abuse of e-mail or newsgroup servers;
- Post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, “cancelbot”, “trojan horse”, “worm” or any other harmful or disruptive component;
- Upload or download, post, publish, retrieve, transmit, or otherwise reproduce, distribute or provide access to information, software or other material which:
- is confidential or protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights, without prior authorization from the rights’ holders;
- is defamatory, obscene, child pornography or hate literature; or
- constitutes invasion of privacy, appropriation of personality, or unauthorized linking or framing.
- Engage in account sharing, including, without limitation, permitting third parties to use your Service account and password; or
- Use the Service for simultaneous sessions using the same User ID and Password.
- Your Equipment
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer and networking systems meet the minimum requirements stated by Straight Shot Wireless as being necessary to use the Services. From time to time, the computer and networking equipment required to access and use the Services may change. Accordingly, your computer and networking equipment may cease to be adequate to access and use the Services.
- You Can Best Control the Risk and Therefore Are Responsible. Straight Shot Wireless will not assume any responsibility for your acts or omissions, or of any individual who uses your account. An individual with Internet access can cause damage, incur expenses and enter into contractual obligations while on the Internet. All such matters are your responsibility. As between Straight Shot Wireless and you, you are better able to put in place physical and procedural impediments to the inappropriate use of, and to, supervise your account. Account and password protection will be your responsibility. Any detriment that is caused to the network as a result of a failure to properly secure your computer and/or networking systems may result in the termination of the Service.
- Monitoring – Straight Shot Wireless has no obligation to monitor the Services. However, in order to protect itself and its subscribers, or as necessary to operate the Services, Straight Shot Wireless will be entitled to electronically monitor the Services from time to time and disclose any information concerning the End User required by the Client or that is necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or lawful request. Straight Shot Wireless will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private e-mail message unless required by law. Straight Shot Wireless reserves the right to refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it determines, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of these policies.
- Content – You acknowledge that some content, products or services available with or through the Services (“Internet Content”) may be offensive or may not comply with applicable laws. You understand that neither Straight Shot Wireless nor any of its affiliates attempt to censor or monitor any Internet Content. You also acknowledge that neither Straight Shot Wireless nor any of its affiliates have any obligation to monitor your use of the Services and, except as provided herein, have no control over such use. The Client understands, however, that such Internet Content may be subject to “caching” at intermediate locations on the Internet when being accessed through the Services. You assume total responsibility and risk for access to, or use of, the Internet Content, and for your use of the Services and the Internet. Straight Shot Wireless and its affiliates assume no liability whatsoever for any claims or losses arising out of, or otherwise relating to, your access to, or use of, Internet Content.
- Privacy – Straight Shot Wireless cannot guarantee privacy. Your messages may be the subject to unauthorized third-party interception and review. Straight Shot Wireless therefore recommends that the Services not be used for the transmission of confidential information. Any such use shall be at your sole risk and Straight Shot Wireless, its affiliates and its agents shall be relieved from all liability in connection therewith.
- E-mail & Forums – Sending unsolicited e-mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements is prohibited. Users will not use another site’s mail server to relay mail. Users shall not post ten (10) or more messages similar in content to Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar groups, sites or lists, nor post articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other ownedpublished FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) or description of such group, site or list.
- System and Network Security – Users are prohibited from violating any system or network security measures including, but not limited to, engaging in unauthorized access or use of Straight Shot Wireless’s or a third party’s network, data or information. Users are unauthorized to monitor Straight Shot Wireless’s or third party’s data, systems or network traffic. Users are prohibited to interfere with service to any user, host or network including without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. Users are prohibited to forge any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting.
- Violation of Internet Acceptable Policy – Straight Shot Wireless considers the above practices to constitute abuse of its Services. Therefore, Straight Shot Wireless’s Terms and Conditions of the Services prohibit these practices. Engaging in one or more of these practices may result in termination or suspension of the offender’s account and/or access to the Straight Shot Wireless’s Services, in accordance with the Client’s Agreement with Straight Shot Wireless. Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit Straight Shot Wireless’s actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities. Straight Shot Wireless reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including, without limitation, taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from the Straight Shot Wireless’s Services, and levying cancellation charges to cover Straight Shot Wireless’s costs. In addition, Straight Shot Wireless reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity. Complaints regarding email, or USENET abuse, SPAM or Illegal Use or System or Network Security issues, should be sent to abuse@StraightShotWireless.com. By signing this policy you also agree that you will abide by any changes to this policy. Please find the updated version of this policy by visiting our web site.
Wireless Internet Service Agreement
By establishing an account or using the Services of Straight Shot Wireless, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and to use the Service in compliance with this Agreement, our Acceptable Use Policy and other policies. Straight Shot Wireless is a D/B/A and/or Subsidiary of Babcock Enterprises LLC.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to customers subscribing to Straight Shot Wireless Internet Service. This Agreement is part of and shall be incorporated into the Acceptable Use Policy. In utilizing Straight Shot Wireless Internet Service, Customer agrees to adhere to the terms and conditions of the Acceptable Use Policy and this Agreement as Straight Shot Wireless may modify it from time to time. In the event of an inconsistency or conflict between the Acceptable Use Policy and this Agreement, the provisions of this Agreement shall govern. In the event that any portion of this agreement is altered or changed by Straight Shot Wireless, the latest shall be available at www.StraightShotWireless.com. Changes shall be effective when posted. Customer agrees to review the Wireless Internet Service Agreement available at that site from time to time to be aware of any changes.
Billing is done once per month; full payment is due net 30 days from the date of the invoice. Payments can be mailed to our office. We will only give account information to the registered account holder. Please make sure to add a spouse’s name to the application if you ant them to have access to change the account in any way.
Payment by subscriber shall be due to Straight Shot Wireless, net 30 days from the date of the invoice. A Fifteen Dollar ($15.00) late payment fee shall be assessed on any account not paid within fifteen (15) days from the due date of the invoice. Accounts remaining unpaid for thirty (30) days or more shall be deemed delinquent. Delinquent accounts shall accrue interest at 21.5% APR on all outstanding principle amounts until paid. Delinquent accounts shall be placed on accounting hold and services to the Subscriber/Customer shall be suspended until the account is paid in full. For any subscriber’s account that has been placed on suspended service, Straight Shot Wireless reserves the right, at its sole discretion to charge a Fifty Dollar ($50.00) reconnection charge to the customers account to reactivate the subscriber’s Services after the reconnection charge has been paid. In the event any balance is not paid as agreed, the undersigned agrees to pay a collections fee equal to 40% of the unpaid balance in addition to the unpaid balance. In the event of a lawsuit to collect the unpaid balance, the undersigned further agrees to pay court costs and reasonable attorney fees.
A Twenty-Five Dollar ($25.00) fee will be added to the subscriber account in the event of any back returned check. In the event that more than one check is returned during the lifetime of the Subscriber/Customer’s account, we will only accept cash, credit card or certified funds for payment on the account.
Straight Shot Wireless reserves the right to terminate this Agreement, your password, your account, or your use of the Internet Service, at any time, for any reason without prior notice, including, but not limited to, if Straight Shot Wireless, in its sole discretion, believes you have violated this Agreement, our Acceptable Use Policy, or any of the applicable user policies, or if you fail to pay any charges when due. Straight Shot Wireless may provide termination notice to you by: email addressed to your email account or by US Mail or courier service to the address you provided for the Service, but is not required to do so.
Termination by Straight Shot Wireless for violations of Straight Shot Wireless’s Acceptable Use Policy shall be subject to the termination fee as described above.
In the event that special construction, or additional equipment including but not limited to, longer cable, additional grounding, higher tower or mast hardware, or specialized antennas, an additional fee will be required for said equipment and any additional labor not included with the standard install. Additional labor is billed at $60.00/hr.
All equipment, modems, subscriber modules, antennas and standard mounting equipment furnished by Straight Shot Wireless will at all times remain the property of Straight Shot Wireless. Subscriber may not sell, transfer, lease, encumber or assign all or part of the equipment to any third party. Subscriber shall pay for the full retail cost of, or the repair or replacement of any lost, stolen, unreturned, damaged, sold, transferred, leased, encumbered or assigned equipment or part thereof, together with any costs incurred by Straight Shot Wireless in obtaining or attempting to obtain possession of any such equipment. On expiration or termination of this Agreement, Subscriber authorizes Straight Shot Wireless to retrieve from Subscriber’s premises equipment that is owned by Straight Shot Wireless.
Straight Shot Wireless connection point ends at the Subscriber Module. Any trouble beyond our network or equipment is the full responsibility of the Subscriber and their subsequent Network Administrator or vendor. Standard maintenance is limited solely to Straight Shot Wireless’s network and backbone connectivity.
If your connection ceases to function properly but Straight Shot Wireless’s network is still functioning properly, a technician will be sent to troubleshoot during normal business hours. (8AM 4:30PM Monday-Friday). If the problem is due to subscriber negligence, or any of those items listed in the Not covered by Standard Maintenance section, standard hourly rates apply.
Repair or replacement of parts damaged or lost through catastrophe, accident, lightning, neglect, misuse, transportation, theft, fault or negligence of Subscriber or causes external to the wireless system such as, but not limited to failure of, or faulty, electrical power, operator error, or malfunction of Subscriber’s computer and/or peripheral equipment, including routers, which are considered customer owned equipment, or from any cause related to or other than the intended ordinary use. Antenna re-aiming or relocation due to obstructions such as trees, vegetation or buildings, or storm related damage. Any re-aiming or relocation of antennas, or reconstruction of tower/mast assemblies will be billed to the Subscriber at standard hourly rates.
Subscriber, its agent, successor and/or assigns expressly agrees to indemnify and release Straight Shot Wireless, its affiliates, subcontractors, employees, agents, assigns or successors from any liability for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits, or proceedings arising out of or otherwise related to Subscriber’s installation of, use of, or termination of Straight Shot Wireless’s services hereunder including but not limited to, Subscriber’s access to content uploaded or downloaded using Straight Shot Wireless’s service from any source or to any recipient. Subscriber further releases Straight Shot Wireless from any responsibility or liability related to the accuracy, quality for confidentiality of any information available by or through Straight Shot Wireless’ systems and/or the wireless network. Subscriber’s release of Straight Shot Wireless includes any actions or inaction by Straight Shot Wireless which amount to negligence. Subscriber further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Straight Shot Wireless from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, loss or damages including attorney fees which in any way arise from Subscriber’s installation of, use of, termination of, Straight Shot Wireless’ services herein.
Straight Shot Wireless assumes no responsibility for the content contained on the Internet or otherwise available through the wireless network or from any source accessible via Straight Shot Wireless’ services. Straight Shot Wireless discloses and Subscriber acknowledges that there may be content on the Internet or otherwise available through the services provided by Straight Shot Wireless which may be offensive to some individuals, which may not be in compliance with local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations, including but not limited to, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate or sexually explicit offensive content. Subscriber acknowledges to Straight Shot Wireless that its use of Straight Shot Wireless’ service to access information, content or other services is at it’s own risk.
The laws of the State of New Mexico shall govern the terms of this Agreement. The parties hereto stipulate and agree that the exclusive venue for the resolution of all disputes concerning this Agreement shall be Chaves County, New Mexico.
The customer agrees that they will read and understand the checklist, FAQ and Won’t do and Acceptable Use Policy sections of the Straight Shot Wireless website. The customer assumes all liability of providing a computer or device capable of using the IP protocol over Ethernet.
This Agreement, in combination with the Acceptable Use Policy and other policies posted directly and publicly on the Straight Shot Wireless website, constitute the entire Agreement between the parties and no other representations or statements will be binding upon the parties. If any part of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Residential Packages are for single-family residence and/or home-office use only. Internet sharing is allowed only within the boundaries of the residence. Business Packages are for a single business or hotel property only. WiFi sharing with guests or customers of businesses or hotels is permitted when the business’s guest or customer is at the business or hotel location, but not with anyone not on the property of the business. Allowing others to use this connection via wired, wireless (Wi-Fi or other technology) or by other means will result in immediate disconnection. Reselling this service will result in immediate disconnection. However, businesses may set up a Wi-Fi hotspot with permission from Straight Shot Wireless. This is only allowed on a case-by-case basis.
Using a personal account for high volume or commercial use (e.g., revenue generation, advertsing, etc.) is prohibited. Email accounts exceeding the Member’s allotted email space, may, at Straight Shot Wireless’s discretion, be transferred to a compressed temporary file or storage. Straight Shot Wireless may delete the temporary files from the server 60 days after notifying you.
Straight Shot Wireless has no obligation to monitor the Service, but may do so from time to time. Straight Shot Wireless will not disclose any personal or identifiable information to any other party unless it is legally obligated to do so, including, but not limited to: satisfy laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests; operate the Services properly, or to protect itself and its interests.
Straight Shot Wireless may immediately remove your material or information from Straight Shot Wireless’s servers, in whole or in part, which Straight Shot Wireless, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines to infringe on another party’s proprietary rights or to violate our Acceptable Use Policy.
Any use of the system that disrupts the normal use of the system for other Subscribers is considered to be abuse of Services. The propagation of computer worms, viruses, spyware, adware or the use of the network to make unauthorized entry to any other computer systems, Straight Shot Wireless equipment, or other communication devices or resources of others is a violation of this agreement. The use of Straight Shot Wireless’s services by Subscribers to modify, alter, reverse engineer, decompile disks, or disassemble any proprietary work in whatever form is a violation of this Agreement. The failure of any Subscriber running IPX to use an IP tunneling protocol is a violation of this Agreement. The broadcast of Routing Internet Protocol (RIP) or any other inter router protocol by Subscriber is a violation of this Agreement. Failure to obey all terms set forth in the Acceptable Use Policy is a violation of this Agreement. Any Subscriber deemed by Straight Shot Wireless to be in violation of this section is subject to immediate termination by Straight Shot Wireless. Termination under this section shall have no liability other than to refund any unearned prepaid service fees including direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
Usernames, passwords and email addresses at straightshotwireless.com are Straight Shot Wireless’s property and Straight Shot Wireless may alter or replace them at any time.
Straight Shot Wireless has no control over certain types of interference and signal blockage. We do not guarantee any level or quality of service. If the service becomes unusable and cannot be restored within 2 working days, your account will be credited for the outage. If the Service is interrupted for more than an aggregate of 24 hours in any given month, term contracts may be canceled without penalty.
Straight Shot Wireless cannot be held liable for any type of loss, whether actual or perceived, due to a lack of service.
Subscribers understand that service will be interrupted from time to time for various reasons including maintenance, upgrades and power outages. There will be no warning for some outages.
Payments must be received prior to the due date. A Fifteen Dollar ($15.00) late payment fee shall be assessed on any account not paid within fifteen (15) days from the due date of the invoice. Accounts remaining unpaid for thirty (30) days or more shall be deemed delinquent. Delinquent accounts shall accrue interest at 21.5% APR on all outstanding principle amounts until paid. Delinquent accounts shall be placed on accounting hold and services to the Subscriber/Customer shall be suspended until the account is paid in full. For any subscriber’s account that has been placed on suspended service, Straight Shot Wireless reserves the right, at its sole discretion to charge a Fifty Dollar ($50.00) reconnection charge to the customers account to reactivate the subscriber’s Services after the reconnection charge has been paid.
All attorneys’ fees, court costs, and related expenses incurred in the event that payment is not made in a timely manner, should proceedings be brought by Straight Shot Wireless to collect a debt owed, will be the customer’s responsibility.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders .
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By calling us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- [text here]
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- [text here]
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- [text here]
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- 804 N Union Ave
Roswell, New Mexico 88201
Last Edited on 2016-03-04